|Job Number:||9317||Category:||Skilled & Industrial Trades|
|Branch Phone #:||(519) 432-7772||Pay Information:|
|Date Posted:||2017-10-04||Location:||St. Thomas ON|
AllStaff Inc and Skilled Trades on Demand Permanent Search Division is currently recruiting for a Tool and Die Maintenance Technician to join out fast growing client in the London Area.
Technician duties and responsibilities
· Explicate all engineering drawings to the designation of tools, dies for all preliminary models
· Determining all work processes within the templates and sketches.
· To ensure proper functions, the candidate will test tools, dies and jigs.
· Technicians will build, service, maintain, repair, install and test pre-existing or new equipment to verify they are compliant with the specifications.
· On a regular basis, the candidate will complete maintenance checks on equipment and keep maintenance records to prevent any weakness in the designs that are being made.
· Making accurate models of required shape (i.e. metal patterns, boxes and match plates) from machine, fit and assemble cast.
· Support other departments with their repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and tooling to ensure all repairs are completed safely.
· Troubleshooting program issues and ensures completing quality improvements to maintain the company standards of quality with all parts.
Safety and Housekeeping
· Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A
· Active role in maintaining excellent housekeeping through leading by example
· As with Safety; Security is everyone’s responsibility and the company requires its employees to contribute to this activity by immediately notifying your supervisor when you indentify security issues that affect the integrity of our supply chain, in accordance with PIP and C-TPAT requirements.
A successful candidate will
· Posses steel toe safety shoes
· Tool and Die Certificate of Qualification (430A)
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Multitask with a strong mechanical inclination
· Organizational and mathematical skills
· Two years experience as an Industrial Journeyman
· Excellent communication both verbal and oral
· Able to provide technical expertise with problem solving and trouble shooting.
Thousands of great people found work through AllStaff; North America's most powerful staffing resource. www.allstaff.ca
AllStaff Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.